This weekend, Fort
Ticonderoga will celebrate the 100th
anniversary of the re-opening of the restored fort. Re-construction of the 18th
century fort began in 1909 as the region marked the 300th
anniversary of the explorations the French explorer Samuel de Champlain.
Our series "Stories from the Lake" continues. As that the French and
British begin to establish a presence near Lake Champlain, and form alliances with Native Americans, we examine
the period of conflict that follows.