State Gives Tax Relief To Flooded Mobile Home Owners

Print More


The state of Vermont is providing additional tax relief to people whose mobile homes were damaged or destroyed during last year’s spring flooding or from Tropical Storm Irene.

To qualify, mobile home owners must meet three criteria: The owners must be residents of Vermont, the mobile home must have been damaged or destroyed as a result of a 2011 federally declared disaster, andthe owners must have bought a replacement mobile home between April 2 of last year and June 30 of this year.

For people who meet the criteria, the state will refund any sales-and-use taxes or property transfer taxes that were paid.

Comments are closed.