Vermont Asks Homeowners To Report Flood Damages

Print More

(Host) Vermont Emergency management is asking homeowners to report any damages or losses they’ve suffered as a result of flooding over the past few weeks.

VEM Director Mike O’Neil says the agency is working to estimate the total cost of private property damage across the state. The information will help determine if Vermont qualifies for a federal Individual Assistance program.

O’Neil says homeowners with damage to report should call 2-1-1:

(O’Neil) "The 211 folks will receive the call, ask them a specific number of questions and then 211 will forward the information to us, to assist us in doing our damage assessment."

(Host) Vermont has not yet received a disaster declaration for individual or public assistance.

O’Neil says some damage won’t be known until the water level on Lake Champlain recedes, which forecasters say could take a month or longer.

Comments are closed.