State warns of common household hazards in winter

Print More

All that snow is piling up, and state officials say it could be a hazard if homeowners don’t address some common household problems associated with winter.

The state Division of Fire Safety and the Vermont Emergency Management department say to make sure your home has working smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.

They’re also warning of blocked heating system vents, which can lead to fatal carbon monoxide back up. State officials say homeowners should make sure the vents for their heating systems are clear of snow and ice.

Comments are closed.