Passport requirements kick in on June 1st

Print More

(Host) With summer just around the corner state officials are reminding travelers that starting June 1st people will need to have a passport or enhanced license to travel to Canada.

And they say businesses should consider getting the new identification cards for people who travel across the border regularly. Commerce and Community Development Secretary Kevin Dorn says Canada is an important trading partner for Vermont and the IDs can cut down on delays.

Vermont residents who are U.S. citizens are able to get an enhanced drivers license only at the Department of Motor Vehicles office in Montpelier. The cards cost $65.

The new border identification requirements are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

Comments are closed.