Nearly 100 Cows Saved From Burning Barn

Print More

Firefighters battling a blaze in a Vermont barn managed to save nearly 100 cows before a roof caved in.

Bill Gett, a firefighter and EMT with the Alburgh Volunteer Fire Department, says an electrical malfunction may have triggered Wednesday’s blaze.

Gett was the second firefighter to arrive on scene, and said it took about 30 minutes for him and others to chase the cows out of the barn, before the roof collapsed seconds later.

Fire departments from Swanton, Grand Isle, North Hero, Rouses Point and Canada all responded.

Comments are closed.