People using the Gilman water system don’t have to boil the water any more.
The community’s reservoir was broken into last week and tests in one compartment found fecal coliform bacteria. The reservoir was given an extra dose of chlorine. On Friday residents were ordered to boil their water before using it. The water was then tested three days in a row and determined to be safe to drink.
Meanwhile, law enforcement officials in Essex County are trying to find whoever is responsible for breaking into the reservoir.