Gas Leak Sends Putney Students To Hospital

Print More

11 students and one adult from Putney Central School were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning today, but a Brattleboro Memorial Hospital official says all have been released and are doing well.

The school’s superintendent says the gas leak was caused by a furnace problem.

The school was evacuated and students were taken to the gym after the problem was reported late this morning.

By 1:00 p.m. the gas had been cleared from the building and students were allowed to return.

Comments are closed.