Farmers Urged To Report Flood Damage, Losses

Print More

Spring flooding has delayed the planting of crops and harvesting of hay in Vermont. It’s also damaged farm buildings and fields.

Vermont Agriculture Secretary Chuck Ross is urging farmers to report the damages or losses to state and federal agencies.

He says officials need to hear from farmers to evaluate the damage and determine what kind of help might be available.

Vermont Emergency Management is requesting that farmers report property damage to their county USDA Farm Service Agency or county Natural Resources Conservation Services office, or to their member organizations such as the Vermont Farm Bureau or NOFA Vermont.

Comments are closed.