Cambridge Home Destroyed By Fire

Print More

Investigators are blaming embers from an outdoor fire pit for a fire that destroyed a home in Cambridge over the weekend.

Firefighters from four departments were called to the home of Norman and Susan Miller late Saturday night.

The back of the house was engulfed in flames when crews arrived, and the house was later deemed a total loss.

Authorities say the Millers were awakened by smoke alarms and their barking dog. The Millers and their dog escaped but two cats died in the fire.

Norman Miller was treated and released for burns to the bottom of his feet and his fingertips. He suffered the burns in an initial attempt to put the fire out.

The fire has been ruled an accident, most likely started when embers blew out of a fire pit and landed on outdoor furniture near the home.

Comments are closed.