Fire officials are investigating a blaze that destroyed a restaurant in downtown Barre yesterday.
Fire Chief Peter John says no one was injured in the fire, which was reported at about 8 a.m. at the All Fired Up Tavern.
John says the restaurant specialized in pizzas baked over a wood fire, and that the department had responded before to fires in its chimneys.
Witnesses say smoke from the fire could be seen for miles. Six area fire departments responded to help battle the blaze.
John says the building, including an apartment upstairs, appears to be a total loss.